MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 19 August 2012

RED and WHITE SPELLBINDERS CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you all had a really good Saturday. I live in Kent and it was really hot yesterday, but I understand not for everybody in the country. I don't like it too hot, but listen to me moaning when some of you had dreadful weather.
Today's card is a red and white card I made for my Daughter's Birthday in July, but I never gave her this one as I remembered she had asked me to make her one with Tulips on.
It's my usual favourite size 8x8 white card. Matted and layered with red holographic card. I then used a Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Enchanted folder and white card and embossed it. I cut out two red strips of card and mounted them on foam pads. Then I cut out 4 Spellbinders Parisian Accents and glued them back to back. Put a strip of red stones in the middle. The strips of stones were a bargain in a pound shop, for the pound you not only got those strips but 2 larger stone strips, and a sort of swag
too. I cut out Parisian Accents motif and lacy circles too and mounted one on top of the other. Then
I coloured my large flower with a red whisper pen and put some glitter glue on top of the flower, and a white stone from my stash in the centre. I added an organza bow with a red stone oblong centre piece from my stash. Finally I finished off the edges of the Parisian Accents with Cosmic shimmer Pearl PVA
glue, to make the pearly dots.
I am sorry about the left hand side of the card. The white on the edge of the card seems to have merged
with the white card background when I photographed it.
Well thats all for now, I hope everybody has a really lovely Sunday, and I also hope you enjoyed looking at my card today.

8 comments:

melanie said...

Beautiful card I to live in kent I was suppose to be making 4 cards but to hot to do anything must get on with them today .Melanie

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, lovely card as usual. We were lucky with the weather too here in Oxfordshire. It's looking quite hopeful at the moment too. I don't think I'll have time for crafting today. Enjoy your Sunday. Love from Christine xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is stunning, so love what you have done here a gorgeous creation, huggles Pops x x x

Patricia said...

Good Afternoon,
Love your card, I really like the concept, it has given me ideas.....
Yes, it was me who visited, thank you for your lovely comment on my Blog.
Can`t say the heat is bothering us here, it is a nice day but not that hot.
Have a great day

Patricia xx

Linda Wescott said...

A really stunning card, and big wow on that fabulous bow. Popped over from Lindyloo's blog to join you. I'm with you btw, do not like it too hot. Hugs lin

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous card, love the way you a have used the dies..we are having lovely weather too, my only complaint is that is stopping me crafting! Carole Z X

Christine Hussey said...

Hello Jenny, beautiful, beautiful card and the design is fab. Weather much better here today and we eventually got some sun yesterday late afternoon. Crafty hugs Christine H xx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi again Jenny
This card is stunning and so beautifully laid out. I love the bow and the big bold center gem. It is a lavish and opulent card and any recipient will be over the moon I am certain.
Hugs Linda x