MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 18 November 2014

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE CARD NO 18

Hi and welcome to my part of blog land, all my
very talented friends, and visitors.

Thank you so much for your visit, and the wonderful comments you make.

Phew I think I have just made it for the Butterfly
Challenge, with about 3 or 4 hours to spare.
This fortnights theme was to use 3 patterned papers.
So here is what I have created for it.




This is a 6"x6" size card.
The butterfly paper is from a DCWV pad called
The Butterfly Garden, and the other 2 are from
Hot off the Press.
I used my Brother ScanNCut to cut out the patterned circles, butterfly border, butterfly, and my corners.
I am still on a big learning curve with it, so just
basic stuff at the mo. 
I used Rusty Hinge DI to colour my border, and
the corners.

Thank you again for your visit.
Lots of crafty love. 


I would like to enter this into the following
challenges.
http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/18-butterfly-3-design-papers.html 

26 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card. I especially love the butterfly paper. xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love love the vibrant colors...good luck on the challenge
big hugs bibiana

Jean said...

A super card, I love the butterfly paper you used, and the cut out butterfly border looks great with added pearls.
Jean x

Christine Harrop said...

A bright and cheerful card today Jenny. Just what is needed to brighten up a dull day. Hugs Christine xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, fab butterfly card, fab bright colours too. Gorgeous design and embellishments, hugs Kate x

Patricia said...

Good evening Jenny,
Brilliant card, loving that Butterfly Background Paper
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Irene said...

Hello Jenny

What an amazing card, love the butterfly backing paper and stunning Autumnal colours.

luv
irene
xxxx

Mrs A. said...

You have saved yor best till last. Love these colours and your cutting is anything but simple. So many butterflies fluttering around on the card. Thankyou for visiting . Hugs Mrs A. Butterfly challenge.

Kathleen said...

Lovely bright and beautiful card. Great papers and layout.

Kath x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a pretty, feminine card this is!

I'm just getting my hands on a Scan N Cut (on a trial basis) from a firend who can't get on with it, so she very helpfully suggested I borrow it, try it out to see if I like it and then maybe buy it from her if I do. She's lovely, but doesn't have as much patience as a lot of us and if it doesn't do what she wants 'right out of the box', she gives up. I have owned other electronic cutters in the past (I must admit, it is a steep learning curve, but worth it if you persevere). I even owned a website where I used to design cutting files for others, but I enjoy card making as a pure hobby now!

Hazel xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
How spooky is that! Just commenting on yours and up pops a notification you have commented on mine.
This is butterflylicious! Its a new word and suits your lovely card perfectly!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Hettie said...

Naughty Naught! It isn't Christmas yet Jenny!!
Great card though. Seems I have missed the challenge again! Darn it. The photo is still on the camera!!
Hugs
xx

pam said...

Beautiful butterfly card Jenny, love the colours and layout .
pam

Marie-Louise said...

Super card Jenny. Love the colours.

MaryH said...

Good for you in sliding in ahead of the linky closing. This is just one sunny card that sparkles with all these beautiful butterflies. Love that dp and the embossed b'fly as the focal, is gorgeous! Am loving those fancy corners too. Great layout, lots of happy colors. TFS & Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Love this card, the image is butterfly is gorgeous as are the wonderful colours in the DP..
aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny! So positive vibrant palette! Your new wonderful card with butterflies brings summer mood! And it is great because it is cold outside!!!:)

Sarah said...

You're not alone with PC troubles Jenny, my connections have been intermittent, at best, for the past week. Seems to be better now though now the rain has stopped. Such a great card and your butterfly paper is gorgeous. Glad to see the Scan 'n' Cut is being put to good use!! xx

Michelle said...

Oh Wow Jenny - this is a show stopper! The colours are so vibrant and once again beautiful on the inside and out - lovely - Michelle x

Patricia Howarth said...

Wow !! Jenny, I'm so impressed with your ScanNCut cutting, and your card is fabulous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

vic said...

Hi jenny oh this is beautiful the butterflies look so pretty and I just love how you decorated the inside too it's so pretty!
Hugs to you :)
Vic xx

Hazel said...

Jenny a lovely card, your background butterfly paper is great. Hazel x

Pamellia said...

Fantastic Jenny! Love the fun summery colours, the combo is so whimsical with those fabulous butterfly dies! Love the adorned corners and the inside is beautiful too! Well done! hugs :)

Erika said...

Hi Jenny, what a beautiful bright and sunny card, loving the butterflies. It fairly brightens up a dark and dreich day here in Scotland.

Hugs Erika. x

Darnell said...

Jenny, these citruses colors are so splendid! I love the patterns that you chose to use for Mrs. A.'s challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, love the colours..makes me feel warn on this dull, grey day! Hugs Carole Z X