MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 1 December 2014

SUE WILSON'S HIGH AND LOW TECHNIQUE

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends,
and visitors.

Thank you for your visit, time, and wonderful comments you make on my work.
I very much appreciate all of them.

Wow can you believe my blog has gone back to 
normal all on it's own.
I am so pleased it has, as I was too scared to 
touch anything in case of doing more damage.
Don't know if it was anything to do with blogger.
Well enough of my blog probs, here is a card
I made for my Sister's Birthday using the High,
and Low technique Sue Wilson has demoed on
her blog.




This is a 8"x8" size card.
I followed Sue's advice and used double sided
tape around the edges of my card, and then put
Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer polished
silk glitter turquoise on it.
Then I followed Sue's technique for the high and
low of the glitters on her Austrian Die.
The daisies are Tattered lace, and the leaves are
Sue Wilson's Finishing Touches Faux Quilled 
Leaves.
I used up some snippets to cut out some of the
smaller die parts, so I'm off to join in the girls in
the playground.

Thank you for your visit, and a big thank you
also to those of you that offered me help.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following
challenges.
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/pixies-snippets-playground-week-153.html

21 comments:

Hazel said...

Pretty card Jenny, love the teal and White combo. Like you I am glad to have been able to fix my blogger problem with messing it up more. Hazel x

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Jenny...WOW..Beautiful card and lovely dies used along with gorgeous colour combo.
aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

Candy is on my blog....
http://thejourneyisthestart.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/brea-ornament.html

LesleyG said...

Lovely card Jenny, and so glad your blog is ok. I hate pesky technology when it goes wrong xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This card is really beautiful, this is a great technique and always gives a lovely result, loving the colour combo and the 'ickle butterfly is very pretty.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Michelle said...

WOW Jenny, such a beautifully detailed card - amazing and im loving the blue. So glad your blog is back to normal! Michelle x

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card for your sister Jenny. I do love the choice of colours.
Well done.
I just saw your flowers below. Weren't you a lucky bunny!
Hugs
xx

Erika said...

Wow what a stunning card Jenny and just my colour. I love all your use of dies and the added sparkle. Bet your sister loved it?

Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Irene said...

Hello Jenny

Oh my word what a fabulous card, I love all the shimmer and glitter. Beautiful colours, the hat pin and pearls add the perfect touch.

luv
irene
xxxx

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Jenny,
LOVE it, great colour combo and fantastic design.
Hugs

Patricia xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Absolute corker. The colour is fabulous. Bet sis was amazed.
Outstanding my dear!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Jacee said...

How pretty Jenny, such a gorgeous colour, and I love your design, fabulous! bet your sister will love it.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sarah said...

This is absolutely magnificent Jenny!! Gorgeous in every way!! You are amazing!! xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

awesome card. love the colors and the dies at the bottom look fantastic...I will have to look more into the technique...
hugs bibiana

Kathleen said...

Oh Jenny this is fabulous, love the blue and all those lovely dies, the flowers and leaves look stunning.

Kath x

Jean said...

I love this pretty sparkly card Jenny. The colours are beautiful.
Jean x

pam said...

Gorgeous card design Jenny, beautiful dies and colours.
pam

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny , wonderful card!!! So interesting tecnique and love how you used that beautiful dies!

Carole Z said...

HI Jenny, what a beautiful card, this is a fun technique isn't it? With such stunning results too...love the colour, hugs Carole Z X

Pamellia said...

Holy cow Jenny! I'm not sure that I have ever seen so much glitter and shimmer in one place before, how spectacular! That metallic blue is incredible and those fancy die cuts are phenomenal! What a gorgeous card! hugs :)

Di said...

Really fabulous card Jenny!! One to try when I find a bit of time :)

There is something that's gone from your blog - the butterfly writing the name Jenny under your post. And for some weird reason I seem to recall that it was my attempt to do that on my own blog ages ago that caused me big problems. Anyhooooo, it's looking good again :)

Hugs

Di xx

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Jenny. I love the dies and the colour ( my favourite - blue).